CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Back on Herceptin

Today I had my first dose of Herceptin without any chemo. Yah! I still get the pre meds. Which is a steroid and something for nausea and some Benadryl. It is an hour I.V. drug so I am there about 1 1/2 or so. Ryan couldn't get away from work today to go with me. So Bailey my sister came with me today. She is sister number 5 she lives in Cedar City. It was so nice to have her there to visit with. Of course I was so tired when we got to my moms to drop her off and pick up the kids. I couldn't keep my eyes open so I took a nice nap. Bailey is here because my baby sister is getting married this weekend. We are so happy and excited for her! We are also all so excited my sister Chauntel from Texas is coming for a couple of days.

I met a member of the church today while I was at the hospital who was getting treatment also. He is only 26. He had or has cancer on the base of his skill that ate away at his skull. They had to fuse his spin and skull back together. I think to the best of my knowledge that is what happened. It seems everyday I am reminded at how lucky and blessed I am. I am not saying he isn't blessed because I think he is he is still here and seems to be doing really well. I am just saying that daily I hear about peoples trails cancer, death, sickness or what have you that reminds me how bless I am and thankful for my trails. There are so many different trails much more trying and difficult than mine.

Side note we don't know if I need more chemo or not we are waiting for the PET scan results when ever I can get in for that test. I am hoping that with such great CA2729 cancer marker numbers I won't need anymore chemo.

I haven't said it in a while and I am so overwhelmed with gratitude to all my friends and members of my ward who continue to bless me and help me in so many ways. Thank you so much to those that have brought dinner and help me with my children. It is so helpful and kind. And of course all of you who read my blog and give me such encouraging words. I love reading your notes to me they always put a smile on my face and cheer me up so thank you. Don't think that it isn't much because I truly love the kind and uplifting words you leave me.

4 comments:

tharker said...

I think you have made it easy for us to give you such encouraging words. You have been so upbeat and positive through this whole thing, it's just infectious!

I cannot wait for the day that you can announce that you are Cancer free. It will come!!!

Anonymous said...

Here are some new encouraging words from overseas: I love and miss you so much – can´t wait to visit this summer!

Hope that puts a smile on your face, too ;-)

And: sooo great neeeews, counts are going further down again!

Klaudija - Frankfurt

PRP said...

More great news-that is awesome!

Enjoy your family this weekend and the happiness that a wedding always brings. I bet you'll feel great with everyone around.

Jodi said...

I'm glad you're feeling so good Rochelle! My mom said that you looked great when she saw you the other day setting up for the reception. How did that go by the way? (I haven't really gotten a chance to talk to my mom about it yet.) That's great that all the sisters were here for it! I can't believe Jillian's married! She's just a little girl. :)