CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

Good News Update!

Well, I have a good news update. Not Great News that will be saved for when I am Cancer Free! Anyway I saw Dr. Chanel today because Dr. Rado and Mitra are on vacation. I have to say it was a little different they brought me back to a room 10 minutes before my appointment. In that office that is a big WOW. Anyway he didn't really know my case. The head nurse I had talked with last week said she would make sure that he would review my chart so he would be familiar with it before he came in which he wasn't. No surprise. That is o.k. because we had already decided that I just needed paper work for a PET scan and to go over my CA numbers and get me back on Herceptin. So he faxed orders over to Kadlec to start back on Herceptin. I will go in for that tomorrow. He also gave me orders for a PET scan. So when I left the doctors office I called to get an appointment scheduled for a PET scan. When I talked to the office to schedule an appointment they informed me it take at least 2 weeks to get approval from the insurance company (DSHS). So it looks like I might not have the scan before I go in to see Dr. Rado. I wish they would have given me the paper work three weeks ago so we could have gotten it all cleared up before my next appointment. I am hoping it will all work it self out and in three weeks we will have the results from the PET scan. O.k. drum roll please here is the good news or at least I think so my CA2729 count this time is 36!! Wow right it is back down that could be from taking all my vitamins from Dr. Kris faithfully or it was just bounce from being tired. I don't know and the Dr. didn't have answer. But the good news is the number is down and it didn't bounce up again. I was a little worried it would. So I am thinking maybe we could be done but not holding my breath. We will just have to wait for the PET scan results.

9 comments:

natallie said...

yay, that is great news!! you have had such a great attitude thru all your ups and downs, doctors not knowing what's what, trouble with insurance and cancer. let the good news keep coming! :)

Debie Spurgeon said...

Hi Rochelle, I haven't commented on your blog in a while, but I just wanted you to know I read it whenever you post and I'm thinking of you. Take Care.

rip said...

Yay for good news! With the way things are going, I hope it's not to long before you can say "great news"! We will continue to keep you in our prayers.

us8now9.blogspot.com said...

I am so excited! I will have to report that to my sister. She has a friend who has breast cancer similar to yours, and my sister began praying for you and putting your name in the prayer roll many months ago. In fact, at first she didn't know your name and would just put down Pam's friend. She asked me about you when I was down in Utah and she will be thrilled at this news.

tharker said...

36!! That IS good news!!!

Heather said...

How exciting! I hope great news is just around the corner.

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!! Thanks for sharing your happiness with us! Now we can be happy too. You have had a rest, had a great time with your kids and had great numbers too. Life is good.
Love,
Teacher Kathy

PRP said...

Such great news! A little rest and relaxation goes a long way!

Deborama said...

when do you rest, I always see you going going going! Go take a nap. Here I will take one for you. :)