CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Confused

I have wanted to post for a few days and just am not sure how I want to post the new information. I don't want to sound negative or overly positive or forget some of the information. So I will try to give correct information about how things are going.

We were getting really excited at our house to be almost done with chemo. Two more rounds!! But the timing for this round stunk. I was to have my first dose of round 9 on Tuesday. Not so good timing because it is the kid's spring break. I wanted them to have a fun spring break. So we had planned lots of little things to go and do this week. I was hoping that I would be able to have the energy to keep up and help make it a fun vacation for them. We tried to pack in a lot of things on Saturday before chemo.

On Monday I had my doctors appointment with one of the nurses in the office. I have to say I really, really liked her. She was so good! Anyway we talked about how tired I have been these last two rounds and how hard it is on a daily basis. We also talked about some side effects I have been having numbness, tingling, sores in my mouth, pains in my breast and under my arm. I also told her Dr. Kris doesn't want me to do two more rounds just one more round. Then we talked about my CA2729 counts. (Oh, yes my counts I forgot they were 62 yes that was a shock for us.) The count was 36 the time before and now it bounced back up. We were thinking this round would make two round after a hopefully normal number. With them up that doesn't seem good? Anyway the nurse took all my information and went and talked talked to Dr. Rado and he said lets take a BREAK. Yes, a break. I couldn't believe it a break. I was really hoping to push through and be done at the first of May. He said he wants my body to have a break. He thinks maybe the chemo drugs aren't working again. So take a break and run CA2729 counts again in three weeks and see what they show. Then maybe done for a while, a scan or maybe a different chemo. So again we are back to waiting to see what test will tell us. I am sure you know what I am hoping for (that I am done and for some strange reason they jumped up). I am so glad to have a break so I have felt good this week to be able to do some things with the kids. We have been on the go since last Saturday and enjoying being all together.

So to sum it up we are waiting until Friday the 24th for blood work and then Monday the 27 for the doctor visit to see what he has to say or thinks should be the next step. While we wait I am trying to be more faithful about taking my vitamins from Dr. Kris and hoping that helps with the numbers.

I hope everyone else is enjoying their spring break too.

15 comments:

PRP said...

So maybe not EXACTLY what you were hoping for this time but still good news, right? A break for your body has got to do wonders. You've been such a trooper and I bet your tired body just needs a chance to stabilize and then get back to work. I feel good about this. A break is good, testing in a few weeks is good, all is good. And I have a medical degree, don't I??? :)

But hang in there. You're almost there!

hatch said...

You have been so strong through all of this. I am sure this break will be just what you and your body need.

Enjoy the rest of your spring break with your kids.

Sleepless In St. George said...

I looked back at your first post and your CA was 512...so in the 60s if fantastic! We all want 0-40, but we are all so thankful it is not where it was when you started this journey! We will continue to pray for you!

Megan said...

I think a break sounds great! Get some rest and recuperate and then maybe your body will be on board and you can be finished with chemo. I know it wasn't quite what you hoped for, but maybe it will work out better! have a fun break with your kids.

::lindsay said...

I agree with everyone else, the break will be exactly what you and your body needs. Hang in there, Rochelle!

Heather said...

a break sounds great. hope you enjoy it.

us8now9.blogspot.com said...

Your slide show looks like your family had a great time. Nice to have a break sometimes. It is okay to not always sound perky and I don't think you ever sound negative.

Anonymous said...

Rochelle,
Same here. I think that some R&R from chemo and feeling tired is an excellent idea. Take time to recharge your batteries. It looks like spring is here so just take the time to focus on all of the new beauty and renewal around you!
Love,
Teacher Kathy

Kate said...

Hey there! I have been following your blog for a while now :)
I say enjoy the break and pick up where you left off after a while! I also agree about the fact that the numbers are so much better than what it was. Relax :) Maybe I'll see you around!

Ms. Kristen said...

What a great time for a break....during spring break! You are a fighter.....numbers will come down again!

Nicole said...

Oh goody, a break! It really could be just what your body needs to really kick this thing. I hope you have a fantastic break!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey chick,
So hopefully you and the family had a fun spring break. The kids and I were going to go to Nampa for the week but I had so much stuff to do in the office that we ended up staying home and doing pretty much nothing all week. We did go to the park and a movie but that was about it. Hopefully you guys had more fun than we did. Get some rest and enjoy your break!

natallie said...

sometimes the timing of things and how they happen doesn't make sense to us until later down the road. i'm glad you were able to do some fun things as a fam and hope that the tests will bring answers and more good news.

Jodi said...

I'm glad to hear you were able to do things with the family during Spring Break. I'm sure the kids loved it! And I agree with everyone - a break may be just what the doctor ordered (oh wait, he did). :)

tharker said...

I agree. A break sounds like it will do wonders. It might be just what your body needs so that it can fight this thing to the fullest.

I would say enjoy this time with your kiddos since you will have a little breather from Chemo, but I don't think I have to. You do such a great job of enjoying the everyday little things and seeing the beauty in them.

You're doing great Rochelle, and you're so close. I can feel it!