CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 7, 2008

Counts

O.k. I will let you know how my appointment went today. I thought I would get a few more people to post today if I did a game with a prize didn't work to well. It was still fun to hear how positive you all were with your numbers.

Well we went in to the appointment and the nurse asked if I had current blood work done and I said yes did they not send it over. She said oh well just your CA counts but not all your blood work I will look around. So I asked if she could let me know what my CA counts was. She told me what my counts where and I will say this I was shocked! So we then waited about 30 minutes for Mitra to find out more about my counts. When she came in we talked about my counts. This is what she had to say about CA 2728 counts. She said they give you normal range which is 0 to 40. Now 0 doesn't mean no cancer. 40 could mean no cancer or 55 could mean no cancer. She said they took a bunch of people with out cancer and tested them and their levels ranged from 0 to 40. Mitra said she has only seen 1 person with a zero count. She said she has seen people with a 50 range as their normal. She said she has had doctors send her patient with a 50 range count and thought they had cancer and they test them and they had no cancer. So she said we don't know what your normal is it could be 50 range or it could be in the teens. She said I will have two more rounds of chemo and then have a PET scan to see how much active cancer is left in my body and decide where to go from there. We talked about that I would have no mastectomy. Then we talked about radiation and surgery of my liver if there is still cancer on my liver and possibly my bones. She said my numbers look so unbelievable and that things are going so well. It really couldn't be going any better. So it is a waiting game again until I have my PET Scan sometime in the middle of February. O.k. I wanted to wait until at least tomorrow to give my counts so a few more people can weigh in on the guessing. Then I will let you know who the winner is.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rochelle-

You need to let us know, we can't wait!!! If you are making us wait, can I change my number? I am going to guess 20! I don't know what kind of rules this contest has, but I just changed my guess;)!

Kati

natallie said...

i'm happy to hear your numbers are so unbelievable. believe in the unbelievable!! :)

Sleepless In St. George said...

i am going to be bold and guess 0. although i am never good at these kind of things! Shelley schwendiman

Heather said...

My guess is 17!!

Heather Beck

Michael said...

I am happy for how well you are doing. Jeff and I like to follow your progress here at work. I am going to guess that your number is 30. I hope you continue to feel so well, you are an inspiration to me.


Michael Gibb

PRP said...

This isn't fun for me anymore....PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I guess 28. Glad you're doing great!
Andrea Hayes

tharker said...

I'm guessing 12. Whatever it turns out to be, it sounds like it's fantastic news!!!

Game over...please spill the beans!

Anonymous said...

Cute! Just so you know we are all checking regularly to see how you are doing. We love ya. And of course, our prayers are still going up for all of you. Take care. I'm not guessing because I don't understand this whole number thing. Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Rochelle, I am very excited that you are doing so well. You are an example to everyone. My guess on your CA count is 12.

Coleen Alger