CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 14, 2008

Couch Potato!

I was trying to upload some pictures but that isn't working so I will try again later. Am I the only one or does it seem lately that blogger is harder to get into. Most days when I try to get on it takes me a few trys before I can get on. Maybe it is just my computer.

So last Tuesday I had Day 1 of Round 5 of chemo. It was my long day. Of course, Ryan and I played cards and had lunch. I won 1 out of four games. Not bad I won one I can't complain sometimes I win none. Two the people in getting chemo that day, told us it was their last day of chemo they were very excited and this week they have their PET scans. I am a little jealous I wish I was all done and getting my PET scan. I am really excited to see what a PET scan has to say. It will be soon enough I guess.

I think I told you I wasn't feeling so good last week. I think I spent 3 or 4 days mostly on the couch during the day. I don't know if the chemo kept me down more this time or if I was a little sick. Carter was sick for 3 days last week with a 105temp. every time it was time to give him Tylenol. On Friday Ryan finally took Carter to the doctor and got some medicine. He seems to be doing much better no fever. But Friday night Kamden was running a fever for a few days. She doesn't have the cough like Carter does. They both seem to be doing much better and I think maybe I got by with not getting sick or to sick anyway.

Thursday my friend Andrea comes to my house to help me out with the kids. This Thursday she took them back to her house and helped the kids make me a birthday cake and cards for me. It was so cute and they had such a good time and I got a nap. The first one in weeks.

Friday was my birthday I hope that is o.k. to say and not to tacky. Ryan took Kamden on a daddy daughter date last weekend so I was taking Cole on a mommy/son date but Ryan didn't think that was o.k. He thought he should be taking me out. So I called my mom to see if she would babysit and then my mother-in-law called and said she would. So we took Cole to the the movies with us. We were going to do dinner to but I wasn't feeling great so we got fast food and picked up the kids and went home. It is so fun to be able to take just one of the kids with us when we go out and focus on just them and let them do all the talking and not get interrupted. They seem to really love it. Anyway it was a nice birthday. Then on Saturday for my birthday Danielle gave me a surprise birthday party. Wow! I was surprised and it was so fun to see so many friends. Thank you to all who came. And I missed those that weren't able to make it. I told Ryan maybe I should be sick every year. He and I don't really do much for our birthday's so it was fun to do something and have some many friends celebrate with me.

Sunday I had my last shot of nupegeon for the week. I go in today for blood work to make sure I can get chemo tomorrow. I use to worry every time I went in that my numbers what be o.k. now it just seems to be routine. Which is a good thing.

I have felt so good today. So I cleaned out some closets and the refrigerator and did a little cleaning. Don't say any thing. I didn't over do it I just felt good. And after spending some much time on the couch last week the house needed a little TLC.

9 comments:

nomad said...

happy birthday rochelle have a great year ahead of you

Heather said...

You are always busy!

Anonymous said...

We missed your family coming for dinner on Sunday even though we had 7 of us at the table!
hope this week you will feel great. Love Mom

PRP said...

Happy birthday to you! I'm so sorry we missed your big party, but I'm glad I had Kim's kids so they could go.

How's the cleaning schedule this week? I'm still waiting on that phone call you promised me....

Sara said...

Happy Birthday!

Hope you are having a wonderful week, rest up and enjoy the small moments!

Sara Spencer

tharker said...

I'm glad that you had such a great birthday Rochelle. What a great idea to take Cole with you. I'm sure that he LOVED it.

I love that you told us not to say a thing about over doing it. You are so stinking awesome!!!

You go girl!

Anonymous said...

I tried 2 times to leave a comment last night and it just was not cooperating. Anyway, just wanted to see if I could play with the kids on Friday. Raygan is always wanting to play with Kamden and Carter. I will call ya and we can work something out. Hope you have a good week.
Cherie

Bailey said...

I see you figured out your blog header. Are you learning lots of fun new stuff on photoshop? You need a lap top with photoshop so you can be a couch potato and a whiz on photoshop. I love you and miss you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Rochelle,

sorry I missed your B´day. I should have remebered it was january 8th, wans´t it? So, HAPPY B´DAY. The most important wish came true, let all the small ones come true, too.
Tell everyone hi, especially your mom.
LOVE and MISS YOU. Klaudija