Friday, April 23, 2010

The gOOd, The bAD and the UglY!!!

O.k so I thought I would update some information about my trip to Phoenix. I am still here I don't get home until tomorrow. It was the best flight coming here yet. No one talking my hear off. I got to read my book and it was only a total of 4 hours from start to finish. Well five if you count the hour wait before the plane took off from Pasco. I got here safe and everything was on time planes and ride. So that is the good news and maybe a little more later.

So I saw Dr. in Phoenix. He had a lot to say and we talked about a lot of different things. I am only going to give you a shorter version. Dr. ordered a CT scan and a bone scan. And is going to put me back on Herceptin thank goodness. So I did both test today and received my infusion or Herceptin. This afternoon I got a call from Marci. She is my patient advocate. Here is what she said to sum everything up that happened and where and what we are doing.

I am waiting to go to Chicgo to have them do the surgery and chemo wash. They just respond back to CTCA here in Phoenix. They dodn't carry the same insurance in Chicgo but luckily the except my insurance. So now we are just waiting for them to except me medically. Meaning they go over my records and make sure I am a good candidate for the surgery. So hopefully soon they will here from them. We will see. In the mean time I am going to look into going to Seattle too for the surgery. So we will see who can get me in the fasts.

The CT scan this time definitely shows no blood clot. So I will stay off Lovanox(blood thinner). It also showed that there is a very, very small amount in the lymph nods in the stomach. all good news. But....o.k. here is the bad. It shows the tumors have gotten bigger since January. So the sooner we can get the surgery done the better.

My bone scan has been done but the results aren't in. I just finished the scan at 3:30 this afternoon. I told them not to call if there is nothing wrong but to please call if there is something wrong. The Bone scan is for putting me back on Zometa. The bone building infusion.

I don't think I said anything about the CA number. He ran a CA15.3. It is a little different than the CA2729. Still the numbers are going up they were 153.

Like I said there was a lot of thinking, talking, calling, verifying and scanning. In the end I had a CT scan, Bone scan, Herceptin and blood done.

We are waiting for the surgery at this point then we will move from there. So for now again a waiting game.


Anonymous said...

Hi Rochelle,
We are all thinking of you and hoping that you can sort out your surgery quickly. You are such a strong and patient person - you're amazing!

Best Wishes
Alison Webster
ps I went to Seattle Cancer Care Alliance - they were awesome - e mail me if you need info :-)

The Lassen Family said...

Hang in there rochelle!! You are such an amazing person! You inspire me to be better and to "pull up my big girl panties and get to work"
It's so easy to feel sorry for myself....but your attitude is just what I need.....
Dani, (nicole's sis)

Kati said...

Dear Rochelle,

Thank you so much for the update. I have been thinking about you a lot and wondering how everything is going in AZ. Keep us posted!

Love you!


Garry Family said...

I just love you and your strength! Thanks for the update. We are all thinking and praying for you.

Sara said...

Wishing all the best, hope your trip home is easy and relaxing. :)

Heather said...

The waiting game is never fun. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Deborama said...


Anonymous said...

Has been two months since last update. I hope all is well.
Still praying Kathie

Anonymous said...

We love you so very much, "Dear Heart" You are our inspiration. I am so amazed what you have been through and are still going through. You are a "Special" Lady Rochelle!!